PR and Internal Communications Manager
Responsible for the development and delivery of the PR and integrated internal communications for a financial services group of global clients. A hands-on approach to PR/IC is required as you will plan, write and manage PR/IC campaigns across the businesses
- Managing the media profile and engaging employees of the client
- Crafting messaging and build a positive image,
- Managing risk and using proactive and reactive responses to avoid criticism in the media
- Developing and exploiting opportunities for enhancing reputation and product visibility.
- Engaging employees in the new vision
- Produce internal communications messaging, using an optimal mix of available communications channels including the intranet, electronic newsletters, online and face-to-face events and blogs that work globally across cultures.
You will manage the creation of communications materials including press lists, editorial calendars, key facts and figures in briefing documents, speeches, PR copy, biographies and more, aligning and managing the in-house PR for the client. Liaise with key spokespeople (Business Heads) and answers enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations, often via telephone and email, managing the PR/IC.
Key Responsibilities & Scope for Decision Making
- Build a strong network of relationships across the client and its assigned businesses to ensure PR & internal communications activity is connected to key business developments as well as anticipating any key issues that may impact and interest staff.
- Create and execute a PR & internal communications strategy for each assigned business area in conjunction with and as by agreed respective leaders and managers.
- Source, develop and deliver content in an effective and engaging way on key topics relating to each assigned business area (strategy, product launches, success stories, people profiles )- both for internal and external communication
- Report on PR performance using defined metrics
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Measure communication effectiveness and adapt future activity accordingly
- Support CSR activities and events as appropriate
- Manage internal and external aspects of any crisis communications activity
- Actively promote and develop collaborative working relationships with press, maintaining a working network, including co-ordaining appropriate and consistent responses to key issues.
- Identify and implement Internal and External Communications best practice
- Lead PR/IC, sitting in the wider agency team
- Engaging traditional media
- Use of digital media
- Public affairs
- Internal and external communications
- Client management
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of working in journalism, internal communications, PR
- Excellent and engaging writing skills in English
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience/qualification
- Experience in PR & IC
- Ability to engage with senior executives
- Self-starting and set own priorities
- Strong writing skills
- Good data analysis and clear reporting skills
- Media contacts/network (ideally)
- Successful use of social media to support communications
- Operating within a matrixed organisation and experience within the technology sector would be desirable.
- Experience developing and delivering a communications strategy
We are open to discussions on flexible working or part time applications (3-4 days a week)
To apply email: email@example.com