What is SEO?
Let’s begin with defining the term; search engine optimisation is the process of increasing your websites visibility with the aim of growing organic traffic leads. Organic searches account for 53% of website traffic and generate around 40% of revenue. These figures speak for themselves when demonstrating just how important SEO is for your business.
So, how can an SEO agency help you to achieve this?
The amazing thing about producing a successful SEO strategy with strong organic leads is that organic means free, and with 70-80% of searchers scrolling past paid search results it’s a no brainer. These results that you see are not based on paying your way to a higher ranking, but rather from creating a long lasting, reliable and valuable site that users and search engines are drawn to.
Our focus stems from Content SEO to Technical SEO techniques to help you to achieve these results:
This technique is pretty self-explanatory, the focus is on creating quality content not only for viewers but also for Google. Just how your aim is to capture the attention of audiences and get them to stay on your site, this should be the same for search engines.
Why is it important?
- Keyword Clusters and SERPS – Google’s search bots are becoming increasingly more intelligent, you cannot simply throw a bunch of relevant keywords onto a page and expect to be found. How you structure your sentences and the words you are using around your keywords is all taken into consideration by your audience and search engines.
- Monitor Performance – every year google can make around 3,600 algorithm changes. These predominantly small, but nevertheless, vital modifications need to be acknowledged and the appropriate adaptions made in order to stay visible. Through monitoring your performance, we can see what is working well and what isn’t, from that we can then take the necessary steps to ensure we get you back on track.
- Quality Content – altering your content around what your audience is searching for and the questions they are asking will allow you to target the right audience, increasing your website views and conversion rates.
- Authoritative Backlinks – acquiring links from other sites to yours send a signal to search engines that your site is trustworthy and valuable, therefore increasing your overall ranking. Through producing sharable content such as guides, blogs, techniques and more you will be able to attract some high-quality links.
- User Experience – how your audience interacts with your page is vital if you want to generate sales. By creating a site that has strong call to action, clear text and imagery and is overall easy to navigate, users are more likely to find what they are looking for. An important fact to keep in mind is, if your audience cannot find what they are looking for within 3 clicks they will exit your site.
- Targeted Landing Pages – these pages allow you to focus your attention onto specific audiences and guide them to a personalised page. If you can successfully bring your customer directly to the page they are looking for, without even using up their 3 clicks, you could increase your conversion rate by up to 300%.
How we make this happen?
- Detailed Analysis – using our range of marketing tools and inhouse expertise we conduct a thorough check on how your site is viewed by search engines and your position against competitors. This insightful information allows us to gain an understanding into the changes that need to be made to push up your ranking.
- Keyword Research – we uncover what your target market is searching for and devise a plan that will increase your visibility in the right searches. Being on page 1 of a Google search is vital as 75% of people don’t click onto the next page.
- Generating New Content – we offer creative and innovative ideas on how to boost your SEO from your information page to a blog post. Every page of your site will be thoroughly analysed and adapted to increase your ranking, exploit trends and add value, all whilst keeping in line with your brands tone of voice.
- Social audits – our assessment will expose your social presence and give us an insight into what is working for you and what isn’t. With this information we can then make the appropriate changes and move onto new opportunities that will aid your growth and online visibility.
This approach incorporates all the technical aspects of your site to ensure that search engines are able to find you with ease. It can be difficult and complex to find out where your website might be going wrong if it isn’t right in front of you, and unfortunately what happens behind the scenes is normally where to start.
Why is it important?
- Mobile-optimisation – with many of us not being able to go anywhere without our phones, it’s no surprise that 87% of us use a search engine every single day. This figure alone should make you realise just how important it is for your website to work flawlessly on all devices, just imagine how many potential sales you could be missing out on if otherwise! Another key thing to note, is Googles mobile-first indexing that will come into play in March 2021. Google are switching from retrieving information for their database from the desktop version of your site, to your mobile version.
- Crawlability – just how your audience requires a user-friendly website, the same goes for search engines. Ensuring that you have created an infrastructure of well-built internal links that are all functioning correctly, will allow for seamless communication with search engine bots and increase your domain authority on Google.
- Loading speed – no one likes a slow loading webpage and Google agrees, if your webpage takes longer than 2-3 seconds to load your ranking may be penalised. In fact, for every 2 extra seconds your website takes, bounce rates increase by 50%. Faster sites are known to enhance user-experience and help to prolong time browsing and engaging with your content.
- Secure HTTPS – people are becoming increasingly concerned about their safety when it comes to the internet and rightly so, with cybercrime damage forecast to cost around $6 trillion every year by 2021. HTTPS sites ensure the safety of their users and are therefore favoured by Google. If you have not done the switch, then you are most likely being penalised by Google and have a very low authority score when it comes to page ranking.
- Structure and Tags – in order to increase your visibility, you need to know how to communicate with search engines. Ensuring you are labelling titles, header tags and focusing on meta descriptions are amongst some of the most essential elements in getting your website to speak the correct language. Search engines will not attempt to try and understand your site, therefore making things as easy as possible for them is key to ensure they won’t overlook your site.
How we make this happen?
- Technical SEO Audit – by assessing your websites overall health we are able to highlight your websites speed, top issues, site performance, errors and mobile compatibility. From this we are able to narrow our focus on the issues that are creating communication barriers between your website and the search engines, and work on configuring a plan to break these down.
- Technical SEO enhancements – based off of the audit we will make the appropriate changes and adaptions to ensure your site meets the requirements of search engines. This will include a focus on crawlability, indexing and website architecture to promote organic searches and ranking.
- Monthly SEO reports – through incremental changes we are able to see the most success, and this comes from monitoring your website closely over time whilst making small adaptions here and there. Our monthly reports allow us to keep you updated on a regular basis about what improvements are being made and to show you traffic, conversion rates, rankings and more!
Want to find out more about how Tweak can help you generate quality organic searches?
Get in touch by calling +44(0)1372 602615